Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), can teach you to access and cultivate your natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease and peace of mind. Medical and scientific research around the world suggests that MBSR can positively and often profoundly affect participants' lives.
Ruth Lerman MD is the course instructor. Dr. Lerman is certified as an MBSR teacher and teacher trainer by the Mindfulness Center at Brown University and the University of Massachusetts Medical School Center for Mindfulness. You can learn more about the instructor here and in this video.
This 9-week program consists of Sunday morning 2.5-3 hour sessions and an all-day class during week 7. Sessions include guided mindful meditation and yoga, learning about stress and how it affects the mind and body, and friendly supportive interaction with the instructor and other students. The all-day class is on Sunday, February 28th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Attending orientation is required. If you have not attended orientation or are unable to attend on January 10th, but still wish to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Registration is not a guarantee of admission into the course. The required orientation session and individual interview with Dr. Lerman allows you both to be comfortable that this course is right for you.
Who should attend:
- any adult
- Beaumont team members and adult family members
What you will learn:
- how to practice mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga
- how to bring the calm and focus of mindfulness to activities of daily life such as eating, working, parenting and other relationships.
- how to reduce stress by reducing reactivity and increasing ability to respond
- how to establish a daily-ish meditation practice
- how to cultivate greater compassion and understanding for yourself and others
Paid registration includes:
- 30 hours of training
- home practice materials (electronic)
- guided recordings for daily home practice
Scholarships available, contact Centerformindfulness@beaumont.org. Employees and their family members are eligible for preferred pricing.
Registrant must be 18 years or older.